Thursday, August 20, 2009

White Space

I have been struggling with white space in a layout for a bit now. I love the look when other people do layouts with lots of white space but it always seems to take me three times as long to get something I'm happy with. I started a thread at Inspiration Lane and on the advice of a few of the scrappers there I decided to download some templates. Here are the ones I chose.


I paired it with some of Laura Bozeman's fabulous papers.


I started with the template on the top left corner of the preview because I really liked the scalloped paper. I ended up changing the template a bit, but having it as a starting off point saved so much time (the layout took me 40 minutes or so and that was with a band aid fixable dance related injury in the middle). Here's what I ended up with.


Overall I'm fairly happy with the layout. I love the scalloped edge and how well the papers go with my photo and the overall feeling I wanted with the page, but I still can't help feel that something is missing. Maybe that feeling will go away as I do more white space layouts. I really hope so because I do love the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment