Friday, July 31, 2009

Knitting Scarves

Wow...a post that's not about digital scrapbooking. Wasn't sure I'd get one out there but wanted to share some scarves I've been working on. I'm still a pretty basic knitter so they aren't fancy.

This one is done with a sparkly eyelash yarn. The colors are so pretty and there is a gold metallic sheen to it. Just your everyday plain basic garter stitch.


This next one is a combination of knit and purl to create the textured pattern. I think it's called a box stitch.And the last one I thought was a really cool design. You start with a certain amount of stitches...do plain garter stitches for a few rows then double your stitches and knit a few rows of stockinette and then decrease so you end up with a cool ruffled effect. I think I may try stepping out of my comfort zone with scarves and make a bag using this stitch. I think it would be a really pretty pattern for a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment